These programs are complete, up-to-date copies of NLSA's product line.
They are fully fully functional except as noted below.
During installation, enter 'demo' when prompted for a serial number.
Nova for Windows
Fully functional except does not save settings between runs.
Register by clicking on "Files/Register this Demo"
Demo runs 10 times.
Register by entering serial number during installation.
- Fast, accurate real-time tracking information for an unlimited number of of Earth-orbiting satellites.
- Full-color 3-D maps. See Nova for Windows' image gallery.
- Built-in autotracking for turning az/el antennas.
- Control antennas with the computer joystick
- Super-simple updates of Keplerian Elements... AMSAT or NASA 2-line format.
- One-click updating of Keplerian elements via the internet (HTTP & FTP). Can be completely automated for regularly scheduled updates.
- Automatic time setting via the internet
- Easy-to-use frequency display.
- Capture maps and save them to disk, or e-mail to someone else
- Automatic sound alarms for satellite AOS, TCA, and LOS.
- Information-rich graphics + text satellite tracking screens.
- Also tracks the Moon, Sun, planets, cosmic noise sources, and cold sky. Displays the star background, too
- Context-sensitive online Help available at all times. You can preview the entire Help file if you want to.
- Exceptional speed and accuracy using James Miller's Plan-13 or T.S. Kelso's adaptation of SGP4/SDP4 tracking algorithms.
- Full implementation of Escobal's fast rise-set algorithm for nearly-instant AOS/LOS calculations.
- Complete listing capability for printed output of future passes, mutual windows, two-satellite mutual visibility, satellite eclipses.
- Sophisticated fully-editable or automatic "Script Tracking" for scheduling future passes of multiple satellites. Nova for Windows can priority-autotrack dozens of satellites.
- Here are links to Nova for Windows' User's Manual and Help file
- Quick-Tips shows how easy it is to get started with Nova for Windows (Adobe Acrobat format).
- If you like to write your own programs, NfW's DDE specifications are here. Here are code examples for DDE using Visual Basic, Delphi, Perl, and C++*.
- Download Nova for Windows Demo now and convert it to a fully registered copy via e-mail.
- Here is Nova for Windows' revision history: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006.